Monday, May 9, 2011

Rapa not for Rats

Posted dated from 30 April 2011

The other morning I woke up to a LAND HO. I was already planning my escape, but as soon as I looked out my plan was shattered. A barren rock stuck out of the horizon. Captn Fraingck called it Marotini. I ate breakfast and went back to my spot, nose tucked between Kennan's toes, feeling cheated. By the time I looked out again the next day, we were at anchor, this time near a lush island. Thrilled, I jumped out the hatch and joined the shore party. I soon discovered that the island had no coconuts, no birds and no cheese. I was disappointed in the gods. I heard that there was a wizard's island in the middle of the bay. I ventured out to explore the cone shaped island, but discovered that there were no wizards to grant my wish of coconuts. I was disappointed again. The next day while talking to some people my crew mates had met, we found out that on the mountain there was lots of fruit. The first mate selected me as a member of an expedition to the top, but i was not permitted to ride in the backpack since this expedition counted as P.E. - thrice disappointed and once cheated. As we walked up the mountain panting we discovered an orange tree with all the good fruit out of safe reach, which I was ordered to fetch; and lots of small red guavas, which didn't taste so bad, but the mass of seeds were hard and were not nice on my rat guts. However, we picked a whole ton and when we got back to the boat made them into jam. I tried to argue that juice would be much better (no seeds) but was vetoed. I am having a miserable time and officially rate the island of Rapa on the rat scale at a stunning ZERO.

Give me the real tropics, give me coconuts!

~Scurvy,Deckpaw

----------
radio email processed by SailMail
for information see: http://www.sailmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment